Have you started work on your Spring Flower Garden ? Spring is the most amazing time for all gardeners.I particularly love Spring flowers.An early evening walk is a true delight as the scents from the beautiful early Spring flowers fill the air.
It’s time to get to work as your garden wakes up from it’s long Winter hibernation.The end result is well worth the effort.To get you motivated here is a list of necessary tasks that need conquering.Your Spring flower garden will be blooming in no time.
- Prune all dead wood from shrubs.
- Prune your roses and azealeas.
- Prune any unwanted branches from your trees.
- Deadhead all spent flowers and seeding flowerheads.
- Deadhead all flowers from bulbs but leave the bulbs in the ground at this time.
- Weed all of your garden beds and borders because the weeds are ready to take off.
- Dig up the gardens and add fertilizers.Water the soil to prepare for planting
- Get composting! Tend to that compost pile you have ignored all Winter.
- Turn the pile frequently and add new organic material.
- Time to maintain and clean all of your garden tools to get ready for Summer.
- Go out and replace any tools that need to be replaced.
- Get planting! Time to choose your plants for your Spring flower garden.
- Don’t forget to plant some vegetables,shrubs,annuals and herbs.
- Fertilize and mulch your beds and borders.
- Fertilize your fruit trees and shrubs.
- Stake any plants needing additional support to flower or fruit.
- Mow and and trim the lawn.Not too low.
- Add lawn seed to patchy areas.
- Aerate the soil with a garden fork to allow moisture to travel to the roots.
Photos all (c )Sharon Bourke Photography
- Top 10 Useful Insects You Want Invading Your Garden (groundtoground.org)
- My Garden Flowers (incidentallearner.wordpress.com)
- Garden Flowers of Summer (imissmetoo.me)
- flowers, plants and shrubs in garden culture (distantcommitment.wordpress.com)
- grow a little something (shapeofagirl.wordpress.com)
- Guide to Pruning Flowers for Spring (proflowers.com)
- How to Control Weeds in Flower Beds (proflowers.com)
- Tips for Deadheading Flowers (proflowers.com)
- Landscaping With Flowers by Region (redenvelope.com)
- Tips for Growing Perennials (proflowers.com)