Stress is common in our every day lives.It may be associated with work,finances,family or personal relationships.Stress is a response to an event that has happened or a situation that has occurred in our life.Stress is not depression.Stress can be a risk factor for depression.Especially prolonged periods of stress.Stress generally means that something is happening in our live’s that’s causing us to worry.This affects how we feel and think.
ARE YOU STRESSED?
- Do you find it hard to relax most of the time?
- Do you feel stressed or overwhelmed most of the time?
- Do you feel panicky and anxious most of the time?
If you answered YES to one or more of these questions it is time to manage your stress and get things back to normal.There are many things that you can do to manage your stress.
MANAGE YOUR STRESS
Stress management aims to teach you about :-
- Managing the stresses in your life and your anxiety symptoms.
- Breathing exercises to decrease your stress and anxiety.
- Relaxing and the importance of physical activity.
WAYS TO REDUCE YOUR STRESS
We may not be able to control the stresses in our life,however,there are a few simple steps we can take to reduce our stress.
- Postpone major life changes.If your stressed or anxious it’s probably a good idea to postpone the big events in life-like moving house,changing jobs etc.Leave them until you are feeling better.
- Resolve personal conflicts.Stress in personal relationships leads to depression and anxiety.Seek help to resolve personal conflicts.
- Do the things you enjoy.You may just find you are enjoying yourself more and worrying less.Focus on enjoyment and gratitude for what you have.
- Control your work.Avoid long hours and extra tasks.Learn to say ‘No”.Make sure you have enough time in your life to rest,relax,exercise and sleep.
- Exercise regularly.Exercise produces ‘feel good’ hormones called endorphins.You are just one workout from a good mood.Make exercise part of your daily life and you’ll deal with stress with far better results.
- Seek help.If you are stressed or anxious talk to a friend,Doctor,Counsellor or someone you can trust.
- Stress management may boost healing after plastic surgery, study suggested (mya.co.uk)
- Stress Management: 6 Top Tips for Coping (bodyquirks.com)
- Managing Your Anxieties At Your Current Job (managingfear.wordpress.com)
- How to Relieve Stress (answers.com)
- Stress Management Tips For Workaholics (reducestress4u.wordpress.com)
- 7 Simple Ways to Lower Your Stress in 15 Minutes or Less (lifehack.org)
- Relaxintuit.com: New Stress Relief Website for Anxiety, Sleep, Depression, Grief with Award-Winning Stress Management Expert/Author Susie Mantell (prweb.com)
- Struggling with anxiety?? Over stressed?? (inspirationalchristiansfortoday.com)
- Relaxation Therapy, Meditation, & Mental/Physical Health Conditions (whyhealthpsych.wordpress.com)
- affirMOMtions: more stress management affirmations for moms (formulamom.com)