Hydrangea are classic ‘old world‘ flowering plants that look great in any garden.Known for their absolutely magnificent display of flowers and beautiful foliage,they are relatively easy to grow.
- They thrive in moist,humus-rich and well-drained soil.
- Hydrangea love the shade and grow best protected from harsh sunlight.
- Dress the soil with aluminium sulfate and you’ll end up with blue/violet flowers.
- Dress the soil with lime and you’ll end up with red/pink flowers.
- Prune hydrangea regularly.
- Remove any dead or ‘old wood’ during winter.